Your Safety is Important to us!
Greystone.Net is committed to keeping HCIC as an in-person meeting so you can enjoy networking, live presentations and interacting with colleagues and friends in a safe and comfortable environment. Here’s an update on the precautions being taken in Las Vegas and by the Cosmopolitan Hotel and the HCIC team to keep everyone safe.
Good News! Vegas is trending in the right direction!
- COVID case numbers peaked in Las Vegas and Nevada in mid-August and have been declining to what most experts consider to be relatively low levels.
- As of 9/28/21, the 7-day rolling average of new COVID cases for Clark County (Las Vegas) was 434 new cases. Las Vegas is not a hot spot, and in fact, has infection rates and vaccination rates better than many other cities and states.
- Local governments give credit to the hotels/casinos for the reduction in cases, including their strict enforcement of indoor mask wearing and their active push to get employees vaccinated and tested.
- Las Vegas depends on visitors for their livelihood so the city is dedicated to staying as safe as possible. Hotels and casinos in Las Vegas are meeting with each other regularly to share best practice standards for cleanliness and to limit the spread of COVID. New methods are implemented regularly when they are proven to make the environment safer for guests.
- As of Monday, 9/27/21, over 90% of the Cosmopolitan’s hotel staff is fully vaccinated – rivaling many health systems. All newly hired employees must be vaccinated before starting work.
- Each day, every employee is required to pass a multi-step health check before entering the building. Any current employee not yet vaccinated must test negative every 3 days.
Meeting Space Protocols
To ensure everyone is comfortable in the meeting space, HCIC will adhere to all Clark County safety standards, which currently includes face masks in all indoor spaces. All attendees must bring masks and wear them while in the meeting and hotel spaces. The mask mandate is strictly enforced within the hotel. There will also be extra spacing in meeting rooms and the exhibit hall, and easy access to hand sanitizers throughout.
All attendees are encouraged to be vaccinated prior to attending HCIC. When attendees pick up their conference materials and show proof of vaccination (vaccine card or a “green” status on the CLEAR Health Pass), a smiley face can be added to the nametag to signal they are vaccinated to other attendees. We encourage all attendees to sign up for the CLEAR Health Pass – it is both free and easy. The Health Pass on the CLEAR app will make it easy to navigate many venues and events in Vegas! Learn more: www.clearme.com/healthpass/.
Connecting With Other Attendees
Another safety measure being added this year is a visible signal on the nametag to indicate a comfort level with other attendees. Attendees can self-select the addition of a red, yellow or green sticker to their badge, meaning: